Submit Your Abstract
Abstract Submission Deadline: Monday, August 23, 2021 (23:59 p.m. EST)
Abstract Payment: $55.00 (USD) per abstract submitted (non-refundable, credit cards only)
*NEW* for 2021: Abstract presentations will take place on 2 of the 3 meeting dates this year. Oral abstracts will be presented during the November 17 and November 18 event dates. ePosters will only be presented on November 18. See the Submission Guidelines below for more details.
Login using your Cereals & Grains website username and password, or click the link provided to get login help.
For any questions, please contact
ORAL abstracts will be presented during the November 17 and November 18 meeting dates.
POSTER abstracts will be presented only during the November 18 meeting date.
Edit and proof your abstract before submitting. Cereals and Grains will not edit abstract submissions; they will be published as submitted.
Specifying a preference for an oral or poster presentation does not guarantee placement in that area. Final presentation type will be determined by the Program Team based on quality and subject matter that best fits the meeting program.
An individual may be a presenter of only one (1) oral presentation and two (2) poster submissions.
The designated presenting author (of either an oral technical or poster) MUST be registered for the Cereals & Grains 21 Annual Meeting and pay the fee by the dates indicated in your acceptance emails, to be sent in June. Failure to register will result in your abstract(s) being withdrawn from the meeting.
Abstracts should be proofed to make sure all authors and affiliations were accepted to the online form.
Publications of tables, charts, and graphs projected onto screens or posted at the annual meeting by anyone other than an author or presenter is prohibited unless a release has been requested and received in writing from an author or presenter.
Presentations for the Cereals & Grains 21 Online are based on an anonymous peer-review process with the same requirements used for review of submissions to Cereals & Grains scientific publications (i.e. Cereal Chemistry).
The Reviewers Look for the Consistency Between the:
- Materials and Methods
- Results and Conclusions
In Case of an Overview Presentation, Reviewers Look For:
- Added Value
- Novelty of the Information Presented
In Addition, the Reviews Consider the Following Elements:
- Importance to the Advancement of Cereal Science
- Timeliness of the Subject Matter
- Clarity of the Presentation
Use of company names is prohibited in titles of presentations. Use of registered or proprietary names or trademarks of ingredients, instruments or other items is discouraged in titles except when the name is so intimately connected with a particular process as to be synonymous with the method and results. Abstracts should minimize use of proprietary nomenclature or company name as well.
Terms and Conditions
If the abstract is accepted, I agree that the designated presenting author will present the abstract at Cereals & Grains 21 Online, during either November 17 or November 18, and will register and pay the registration fee by the required deadline. I confirm that this is an original work and that the abstract has not been previously published. I and any contributing authors, as sole proprietors of the abstract, agree to transfer copyright of the abstract to Cereals & Grains. Abstracts will be posted online by November 2021, an dpublished at a later date in
Cereal Chemistry online. By agreeing, I accept this copyright transfer.
I understand that failure to accept the copyright transfer will result in the immediate cancellation of my abstract submission.
Submission Form Instructions
- Objectives, methods, and results are required in the abstract
- Presenters should NOT submit work previously presented at Cereals & Grains Annual Meetings
- Abstract should highlight clear scientific advancements
- Abstract should state relevance to industry or cereal grain science community
- Acronyms should be explained
- Abstract should be written in grammatically correct English
- Submitter's Email Address
- Presentation Type
- There is a limit of one (1) oral presentation per submitter or presenter
- Presentation time allotted for oral presentations are dependent upon where in the program they are slotted. Presentation times will be announced when the presentation date and time are announced
- Presentation date and time will be announced at a later date
- All oral technical talks must be pre-recorded. You will receive instructions prior to the meeting detailing where and how you will upload your presentation before your presentation.
- There is a limit of two (2) poster submissions per presenter
- Presenters are required to be present virtually during certain time frames on November 18, 2021 (designated times to be announced).
- Target Audience
- Fundamental/Basic Research
- Applied Research
- Program Tracks
- Indicate which of the Program Tracks best applies to your submission.
- Grain Production, Global Trade, & Sustainability
- Innovation for Health, Functionality, & Consumer Trust
- I am unsure which best applies, please help me decide
- Specialization Category
- Indicate which of the categories best applies to your submission
- Engineering & Processing
- Milling & Baking
- Food Safety and Quality
- Pet and Animal Food
- Indicate if your Submission would be of Interest to a Larger News Audience
- Terms & Conditions...Check if Accept
- You may only apply for one student paper award per abstract submission
- Carbohydrate Division Best Student Research Paper Award
- Cincinnati Section Best Student Poster Award
- Engineering and Processing Division Best Student Paper Award
- Nutrition Division Best Student Paper Award
- Protein Division Best Student Paper Award
- Pulse Division Best Student Research Award
- Add Authors
- Click on "Add New Person" and type the name of the abstract author (presenting author and/or co-author) in the "Search" field. If the author is in the database, select their name. If multiple names display, select the record that displays the most recent known email address.
- After on Add new person and type the name of the abstract author (presenting author and/or co-author) in the Search field. If the author is in the database, select their name. If multiple names display, select the record that displays the most recent known email address.
- If the author is not found in the database, select “Can’t find the person you’re looking for?” and then click on “Add New Person.” Continue to complete all required (*) fields and Save.
- The first person added will be designated as the Presenting Author, but this role can be changed after multiple authors have been entered.
*Note: The presenting author email is used for all future communications and should be the same email used for registration. If the presenting author is changed after the program book has been finalized, the new author’s name will not be reflected in the book. The change will be reflected in the app.
- Abstract Text
- Abstract Maximum of 400 words
- The Abstract must be in one paragraph
- DO NOT include the title, author name(s), or author affiliations in the abstract text field
- Use the abstract toolbar to add formatting (italics, superscripts, or subscripts)
- Word count is limited to 400. No extensions on length of abstracts
- Abstract Payments
- The abstract submissions fee is $55.00 (USD). It is non-refundable and payable by credit card.
- Scroll to bottom of page and click "Conclude Submission" to ensure your abstract is submitted
A confirmation e-mail, for each abstract submission, will be sent to the designated presenter. This will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Check your regular inbox; and your SPAM or JUNK e-mail folders in case it is delivered there.
Notification of acceptance will be emailed to the presenting author only.
If you have any questions, please send your inquiry to