The current purpose of the Cereals & Grains Association Foundation is to support student and early career engagement programs for the Association and any other special activities that meet Association objectives but which are outside the normal operating budget of the Association.
Scholarships and travel awards are currently not being offered.
- Cereals & Grains Association Endowment Fund: Established in 1990, the general endowment supports annual programming that aligns with the purpose of the Foundation, but may not be covered by other existing funds. An example of programs that have been included are the annual meeting Student Travel Awards, reduced registration rates for students at our annual meetings, programs which support students and early career professionals, the Best Student Research Paper Competition, and more.
Undergraduate Scholarship Program
- Tate & Lyle Scholarship Fund: Supports a undergraduate scholarship, permanently endowed since 1990
- Kraft Academic Scholarship Fund: Supports a undergraduate scholarship, permanently endowed since 1992.
Graduate Fellowship Program
- Charles Becker Endowment: Supports a graduate fellowship, permanently endowed since 2001.
- Kellogg Co. R&D Fellowship Fund: Supports a graduate fellowship, permanently endowed since 2007.
Early Career Scientists
- Cecil F. Pinney Travel Award: Provides a travel award to the association annual meeting, presented to an individual establishing a career in grain science and technology.
- Elvira A. Tarleton Award: Supports student and early career engagement opportunities, endowed since 2009.
- Raymond J. Tarleton Award: Supports student and early career engagement opportunities, endowed since 2003.
- Joseph Warthesen Young Professional Fund: Supports early career scientists engagement activities in the association, endowed since 2003.
Cereals & Grains Association FOUNDATION
3352 Sherman Court, Suite 202, St. Paul, MN 55121 USA