These recommendations provide tools to help members, speakers, and association leaders successfully share industry information, society news, and professional achievements with your personal connections and the wider Cereals & Grains Association social network.
Check out our social media post
templates for best practices!
1. Join/follow the official Cereals & Grains Association accounts on all of the social media platforms you use:
2. Keep your posts within the maximum character count of each social media platform (these include the quantity of all letters, spaces, and symbols):
- X (Twitter): 280 Characters
- LinkedIn: 3,000 Characters
- Facebook: 63,206 Characters
3. Use our main hashtag #CerealsGrains and any of the below Cereals & Grains Association hashtags that relate to the content in your post.
- #CerealsGrainsYY (Ex:
- Rice Quality and Evaluation Short Course: #RiceQualityCourse
- Milling & Baking Spring Technical Conference: #Milling&Baking
AACC Approved Methods
AACC Laboratory Proficiency Rating Program (LRPR)
Cereal Chemistry Journal
- Tag our publishing partner @wileyinresearch
4. When you post relevant research, professional endeavors in the field, or wider industry information, use the hashtag #CerealsGrains and tag Cereals & Grains Association to share it with our community:
- X (Twitter) group: @cerealsgrains
- LinkedIn: type "@Cereals & Grains Association" and choose the group from the drop-down
- Facebook: type "@cerealsgrains" and choose the group from the drop-down
5. Like and share/retweet content from official Cereals & Grains Association pages to your personal pages/accounts to amplify the message.
- Comment on and reply to posts and responses
- Link directly to the website URL of any ISSP source information (meeting, workshop, landing page content, etc.)
- Consider using
bitly.com to shorten long links
CGAmarketing@scisoc.org for social media assistance at any time.
Social Media Post Templates
The following are templates to use/adapt when posting about various topics:
PLEASE NOTE: all examples are created for X (Twitter), adjust tags in line with the above information in #4 for posts on other social platforms.
Cereals & Grains Annual Meeting
Click here for social media templates and graphics used in 2023.
Cereals & Grains 24 templates are coming soon!
Cereal Chemistry Journal Author
Read "[INSERT PAPER TITLE]," my latest paper published in the @cerealsgrains #CerealChemistry journal: [INSERT DOI LINK] [TAG CO-AUTHORS and/or AFFILIATIONS] @wileyinresearch #cerealsgrains #[INSERT PAPER TOPIC]
Order my new book, [INSERT BOOK TITLE]—available for purchase in the @cerealsgrains bookstore at https://my.cerealsgrains.org/aaccstore/YOUR PAGE.
#CerealsGrainsBooks #[INSERT BOOK TOPIC] [TAG CO-AUTHORS/CO-EDITORS]
Social Media Post Examples
The following social media posts are good examples of the above recommendations in practice.