1. All participating team members must be current student members of Cereals & Grains Association.
2. Each participant must be enrolled at a four-year accredited college or a graduate student during the current year's spring semester.
3. A team can consist of two to four (4) members who all attend the same school.
4. More than one team per school can participate.
5. Each team must designate a team leader as the main contact.
6. Each product must be based on an original idea from the student(s). Professors may be consultants but
not a major contributor.
7. Teams must have a faculty advisor to testify to the originality of the product and verify students' status.
8. The originally developed product must contain at least one major ingredient from an underutilized cereal or legume (e.g., ancient wheat species, barley, buckwheat, millet, oat, sorghum, fava bean, winged bean, pigeon pea, lima bean, mung bean and rice bean, etc.).
9. All finalists must register for the Annual Meeting by
August 30, 2023.
Finalists will need to be Cereals & Grains Association members. All applicants are encouraged to join Cereals & Grains Association. You can join online at cerealsgrains.org/join.
The report must be two (2) pages or less (not including the cover page, references list, and appendix pages for photographs of the product). The report must be a Word file with a font size of 12-point and single-spaced with 1" margins (top, bottom, left, and right). The cover page should contain the product and team information (product name, school name, team members' names, and Cereals & Grains Association membership ID numbers). The report should contain the following aspects:
· Product description
· Ingredients formulation
· Nutritional values/health benefits
· Processing/packaging procedures
· Safety/shelf life
· Market (target audience)
· Target audience marketing potential/plan
A picture of the product can be attached on an additional page.