The Top Science from the Top Scientists
This is your meeting and your program, and we are working on new ways to share with you the excellent scientific content that is presented at this annual meeting.
In addition to the traditional…
- Symposia – aimed at optimal knowledge transfer through regular 20-minute talks with time for topical questions.
- Science Cafés – a combination of shorter or more elaborate position talks with debate and discussion.
- Technical Sessions – featured 20-minute talks covering new scientific insights and technological advancements in the field.
- Hot Topics – hot off the news…these sessions provide the latest information and updates on new and developing topics in the industry.
And we’ve added NEW…
- Conversations Matter – a new format for the exchange of science at the annual meeting. Conversations Matter are 30-minute presentations/conversations with the goal of providing more engagement/conversation in the topic/discussion area between the presenter and the audience to allow for a more meaningful exchange of content and conversation.
- Special Sessions – unique topics that vary from professional development to the workplace to the science.
AACC International’s Annual Meeting Focus - Seven Scientific Initiatives
These initiatives guide the program and provide members with relevant information, strong scientific content, and significant opportunities for disseminating research findings.
- Biotechnology & Sustainability
Conventional breeding • genetic modification • interaction effects of environment on gene expression • global climate change • reducing energy consumption • social/political/financial impacts
- Chemistry & Interactions
Fundamental whole cereal, starch, and protein chemistry • related polymer science approaches • chemical interactions of component parts
- Engineering & Processing
Physical processing of grains, pulses, and food products • fuels, industrial chemicals, and other in-process materials • more efficient engineering processes and equipment
- Food Safety & Regulatory
Microbes • contaminants • hazards • regulatory issues • legal challenges
- Health & Nutrition
Health and nutrition of cereals and pulses • social impact of health and nutrition initiatives • medical reports
- Ingredients & Innovations
Raw materials • new discoveries of novel ingredients • applications of ingredients • reduce ingredient costs
- Quality & Analytical Methods
Analytical methods development and changes • measuring quality of grain, ingredients, or finished foods • rheology