Cereals & Grains Association Research Video Competition
Following last year's successful Student Research Video Competition at the Cereals & Grains Association virtual meeting, we are launching a new Virtual competition in celebration of our 2021 Virtual Meeting: Cereals & Grains 21!
View the 2021 Winners!
This competition is supported by Cereals & Grains Association sponsors. It provides a great opportunity for qualifying individuals to apply their knowledge, skills, and originality to showcase their research in the form of a video.
How to enter?
You should create a personal video that is approximately 3 to 4 minutes in length that summarizes the significance of your research and how it relates to the theme: Food Evolution. Use visual aids and presentation skills creatively. Here are some examples from last year's competition:
winning videos from the 2020 competition.
Additional questions? Research Video Competition contact information: PDC.email@example.com
You have until 11:59 pm EST on September 30th, 2021, to submit your video.
Criteria, Instructions for Submission, and Contest Rules are available in this
A participating student must be one of the following:
a current student member of the Cereals & Grains Association. You can join online at cerealsgrains.org/join.
a current student member of one of the following organizations: Cereals & Europe (C&E), Australasian Grain Science Association (AGSA), or Association of Food Scientists & Technologists - India (AFSTi).
A participating early professional must be:
- a current professional member of the Cereals & Grains Association. You can join online at cerealsgrains.org/join.
- working in the food industry no more than 5 years from last graduation (regardless of education level, i.e., high school, B.S. B.A., M.S., or higher).
Each video must be based on an original idea from the author:
- Each submission will be the work of the submitting author. Secondary contributors (such as professors) may be consultants, but not a major contributor.
- To participate in the competition, the author must consent to terms and agreements for use of video. In addition, an infographic or graphical abstract (jpg, jpeg, tiff, png) for use in social media must be submitted with the video.
- The winners will be announced during the Cereals & Grains 21 Meeting.
- List of prizes to be announced at a later date.
- Videos selected as prize winners will be featured during the Annual Meeting.
- "Viewers' Choice Award" will be selected by Annual Meeting attendees via the meeting App.
- All participants will receive an electronic certificate of participation.
- Winning and featured videos will be featured in publicity campaigns for the Cereals & Grains Association with full acknowledgment of the submitting author.
Thank You to Our Sponsors!