Cereal Foods World, Vol. 63, No. 1
Print To PDF
Using Data for Laboratory Performance Improvement
The quality of a laboratory’s most important product, information, can be assured through the proper use of statistical tools that support the quest for method accuracy and precision together with routine programs designed to assure their consistency over time. Methods for applying these tools are presented, along with examples and recommendations for routine applications. An additional topic, useful in assuring analytical accuracy, is the determination of sample sizes needed to detect crucial product defect and contamination levels.
Trying to reach content?
View Full Article
if you don't have access, become a member
- Box, G. E. P. Signal-to-noise ratios, performance criteria and transformations. Technometrics 30:1, 1988.
- Box, G. E. P., Hunter, J. S., and Hunter, W. G. Statistics for Experimenters. John Wiley and Sons, Hoboken, NJ, 2005
- Breyfogle, F. W. Implementing Six Sigma. John Wiley and Sons, Hoboken, NJ, 2003.
- Hare, L. B. It’s not always what you say, but how you say it. Qual. Prog., August, 2007.
- Hare, L. B. Gage R&R reminders. Qual. Prog., January, 2012.
- Hogg, R. V., Tanis, E. A., and Zimmerman, D. L. Probability and Statistical Inference, 9th ed. Pearson, Upper Saddle River, NJ, 2015.
- International Commission on Microbiological Specifications for Foods. Microorganisms in Foods 8: Use of Data for Assessing Process Control and Product Acceptance. K. M. J. Swanson, ed. Springer, NY, 2011.
- Meeker, W. Q., Hahn, G. J., and Escobar, L. A. Statistical Intervals, 2nd ed. John Wiley and Sons, Hoboken, NJ, 2017.
- Montgomery, D. C. Design and Analysis of Experiments. John Wiley and Sons, Hoboken, NJ, 2012.
- Montgomery, D. C. Statistical Quality Control. John Wiley and Sons, Hoboken, NJ, 2013.
- Montgomery, D. C., Peck, E. A., and Vining, C. G. Introduction to Linear Regression Analysis, 5th ed. John Wiley and Sons, Hoboken, NJ, 2012.
- Snee, R. D., and Hoerl, R. W. Leading Six Sigma. John Wiley and Sons, Hoboken, NJ, 2003.